Greenville, SC

2019 Road Trip, Stop #5
Greenville, SC

My stop in South Carolina was mostly aimed at visiting some extended family members and catching up with them. We got dinner together the night I arrived and my cousin took me out for some drinks and to show my the city at night afterwards. But during the day on the following Saturday before I left for Georgia, they took me to this gorgeous park area near downtown Greenville called "Falls Park on the Reedy" (referring to the Reedy River).


This park has a curved, single-sided, suspension bridge called "Liberty Bridge" which is the only of it's kind in the US. It over looks the waterfall and north through the rest of the park towards main street.


The park follows the Reedy River about a half mile, with walking paths and beautiful buildings on either side.


This historical building without windows is an iconic spot on the river bank: the Peace Center Wyche Pavilion.


Another spot in the city I got to see that day was the "Runway Park at GMU" located just south of the airport. It is a small park with walking paths, a large airplane-themed playground, and a restaurant with parking on one side for cars and on the other side for PLANES. Many residents of the area come to eat, sit outside and watch these small planes take off and land on the runway just a little ways away.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Korean Baseball Games

A Korean Wedding

Seoul Trick Eye Museum