Christmas Class




I did a special Christmas party class for my 5th and 6th graders. It was a lot of work, but I love my students and it turned out to be so much fun: 100% worth it! I took lots of videos throughout the 9 classes and compiled them into a little 4 minute music video. Merry Christmas!



The first 10 minutes of class was a PowerPoint and lecture portion in which the students got to learn about how we celebrate Christmas in the USA (it's very different from how they celebrate and perceive the holiday). Then I explained the process of gift giving and the rules of Secret Santa. Throughout the rest of class (while listening to Christmas music of course), they were able to make Christmas cards for the student whose name they drew from the Secret Santa box (another student in the class). During the class, I would pull a few students at a time to the back of the room where they go to decorate their very own Christmas cookie. At the very end of class, everyone exchanged cards, took a class picture and then ate their cookies!


The kids loved it and everyone involved had a blast! It was a lot of work to set up all the decorations, plan the class and prepare everything, but it was worth it. In the end, I baked a total of 265 sugar cookies and made several batches of colored icing for the students to decorate with. Since I have 225 students, I had lots of extra cookies and was able to pass out the remainder among the other teachers and staff, who thoroughly enjoyed and appreciated them.



Some of the cards were very cute and pretty!

Others were.....less so.





class 6-1
class 6-2
class 6-3
class 6-4
class 6-5
class 5-1
class 5-2
class 5-3
class 5-4

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Korean Wedding

Korean Baseball Games

Seoul Trick Eye Museum